Sunday, 27 June 2010

drink into the drink


This week, Radio 6 Music have complied a run-down of listeners’ Top 10 Glastonbury performances of which the winner was Blur, singing The Universal. I would personally have voted for Tender but there’s no doubt in my mind that Blur’s comeback should have topped the list.

Watching Gorillaz on Friday night, I was glad to see that Damon Albarn had managed to do it again. With a phenomenal line up of guests it was one hell of a show and watching Damon as he performed Pirate Jet was the highlight for me. The sense of duty with which he almost pleaded with the audience as he slowly pronounced each word moved me to tears.

You can see most of it on the iPlayer if you’re in the UK and here’s a wonderful clip of some of the encore.


No comments:

Post a Comment