Thursday, 23 September 2010

Brew Tea Bar


When I was in Liverpool, I paid a visit to Brew Tea Bar after work one afternoon. Very different from the Tea shops we have in Brighton, Brew is one of a new breed of modern, coffee shop style takes on the tea ritual which don’t quite seem to have caught on just yet. With a wide selection of iced and hot teas and lots of tea and accessories to buy from the knowledgeable staff, it certainly wasn’t wanting in quality, and it seemed to fit in well to the commercial district in which it was located. I don’t know why they don’t have more places like this in London.

Although I had a delicious iced tea, it felt slightly wrong to be drinking tea from a plastic tumbler. The Tea Bar concept isn’t quite my cup of tea (erk, sorry) but I really hope we start to see more of these dotted around soon instead of the now ubiquitous coffee shops. It’s about time the tea shops start fighting back!



No comments:

Post a Comment