Monday, 20 September 2010

Caitlin Rose at the Latest Music Bar


It’s hard when you realise you’re turning into your parents. After years of fighting what I now see must be an inherited trait, I feel able to admit that I really enjoy listening to country music, a genre which we spent most of our childhood mocking our honourable father for. It started with Emmy The Great, and I’ve been secretly listening to Lady Antebellum on Spotify, but seeing Caitlin Rose play the Latest Music Bar on Tuesday clinched it for me. Her stunning voice, heartfelt lyrics and sweet persona made for a delightful performance and her increasingly drunken chatter between songs added to the charm of the evening. I woke up on Wednesday humming For the Rabbits and haven’t been able to get it out of my head today, it’s lovely. Jonathan has written a much better review than I ever could and has uploaded some snippets onto youtube here. Well worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment