Friday, 23 September 2011

The Big Knit


It's almost that time of year again, when smoothies adorned with dinky little woolly hats begin appearing in the shops. Hooray.

For the past few years, Innocent drinks have been asking their customers to make tiny knitted hats for smoothies, then for each unit sold, 25p is donated to Age Concern.

This is such a cute way to help a good cause and, oh my, what an amazing bit of social marketing by Innocent. After forgetting that they exist over the summer, I rediscover my love of smoothies every year once I see the hats on the supermarket shelves.

You can find out about The Big Knit here and there's a selection of patterns here and here. They even blog about their favourite hats sent in by their keen group of knitting followers!

And good news for me, the riddle of what to do with all the dozens of pompoms is solved. I made them to decorate my birthday party this summer and Innocent have offered to find homes for all of them!

It's well worth an hour or two of your time to contribute a few hats to this really fun and worthwhile cause.

The deadline is 14th October and hats will be on sale from 3rd November. Have fun!

IMGP8442

Update: Just after posting this, I clicked on a link a friend had sent me of a music composition that his brother had put together. To my delight it had an Innocent connection too! I love it when that stuff happens! You can see the video and the beautiful music here.

No comments:

Post a Comment