Sunday, 12 February 2012

Liebster Award.


I was so excited to recently receive a Liebster award from lovely Emma over at Lemons for Lemonade!

The aim of the award is to give recognition to exceptional up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve more readership, and spread the word about them.

Thank you so much to Emma for nominating me! Emma and I met on twitter back in September, sharing our excitement about the forthcoming End of the Road festival.

She writes an adorable blog containing tales of her crocheting adventures. She’s also been working really hard on her Etsy shop and is doing a fab job; her products are brilliant, the branding is spot on and the packaging is just so pretty! And although I have never actually met Emma, I found myself squeaking with excitement to see her Valentine’s brooches getting some lovely press recently!






Anyway, I digress. Back to the job in hand.


Upon accepting the Liebster Blog Award, you must abide by a few simple rules:

1. Show thanks to the blogger who nominated you for the award by acknowledging them and linking back to them.

2. Reveal which 5 blogs you would like to nominate for the award, and let them know by posting a comment on their blog.

3. Post the award on your blog.

4. Bask in the love from some of the most supportive people on the internet - other artists and writers.

5. And best of all - have fun and spread the karma.


The following 4 amazing blogs win my nomination for the award, Emma’s would definitely be my 5th:

1) Hello Veri


Although I speak no Portuguese and therefore cannot understand most of Veri’s writing, it still makes it very comfortably onto my list of favourites! Veri is also on Twitter and most importantly on Instagram, where she brightens up my days with pictures of the cutest cat that ever lived. Veri blogs about cats, and crochet and fashion and vintage things. Delightful to read.

2. Debbie Hill


Debbie is a dedicated knitter and crocheter and I spend many an hour, enviously witnessing the patience she shows in seeing her very complex knitting projects through to the end. She has a fantastic eye for colour and takes some very pretty pictures indeed.

3) Polka Dot Lighthouse


It’s exciting when you come across a blog which matches your interests so well. Polka Dot lighthouse is a beautifully curated blog which has so far included features on Bokeh Lenses, Clouds, Birds, Recipes in a jar, Cinemagraphs, Plants, Origami and Cake amongst many, many other lovely things. This is the blog I wish I wrote!

4) Assistant Blog

Last but certainly not least, the very swoonsome and very inspiring Jonathan over at Assistant Blog whose blog was the very first I ever read and who encouraged me to start writing about my Strebergarten in the first place. He inspires me every day in his writing and tweeting about music, politics, art and his lengthy digressions on a variety of other topics. In the interests of full disclosure, should I mention here that he’s my boyfriend? I’m not biased, I swear.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words about my little blog Lyndsey - you're such a sweetheart!

    Just had a read of each of the 4 blogs you've nominated above, none of which I've come across before, but all of which I absolutley adore! So thank you for introducing me to some more blogs which I know I will love reading as much as you do.

    Have a great week x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely, thank you!
    I'm very happy to be in your favorites list!
    it's great to know the work of other crafters and to share ideas and other cool stuff!
    I'll try to make a list of some of my favorite blogs as soon as possible!

    xoxo,

    Veri

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lyndsey!

    Thank you for linking to me - that's very kind of you. It's nice to hear from someone who enjoys looking at my blog. I've just posted about this award and am 'paying it forward'.

    Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete